60V, 250mA Linear charger based on Linear Technology LTC4079. Features constant voltage, constant current, current sensing and reverse current protection. Charging can be terminated by either C/10 or adjustable timer. A Maxim MAX8212, a voltage detector monitor the battery voltage and disconnect the load when the voltage is too low.
Useful for LTZ1000 circuit when an under-voltage condition can destroy the chip.
The charger is designed for use with NiCd or Pb, 1000 - 2200mA/h rechargeable battery and provides 75mA to the load; when the battery is charged, the circuit switches to C/50. If the battery voltage falls below 10V, a voltage monitor disconnects the load avoiding overheating of LTZ1000 due to the increase of the temperature set-point.
The printed circuit board can be ordered here or, if you prefer, order it from us assembled an tested; use our contact form.
Part Value Device Package
- C1 10u CPOL-EU SMC_D
- C2 100n C-EU_C1206
- C3 1u C-EU_C1206
- C4 100n C-EU_C1206
- F1 0.5A MF-NSMF050-2 Bourns FUSC3216X85N
- F2 200mA MF-NSMF020-2 Bourns FUSC3216X85N
- IC1 LTC4079 Analog Devices DFN10-3X3
- IC2 MAX8212CS Maxim SO08
- J1 Connector 1X02-PTH M1X2
- J2 Connector 1X03-PTH M1X3
- J3 Connector 1X03-PTH M1X3
- Q2 DMP3099 MOSFET-PCHANNEL Diodes Incorporated SOT23-3
- R1 10k R-EU_R0805
- R2 4k12 R-EU_R0805 0.1% 25ppm
- R3 2M R-EU_R0805 0.1% 25ppm
- R4 200k R-EU_R0805 0.1% 25ppm
- R5 50k R-EU_R1206 1% 100ppm
- R6 100k R-EU_R0805 0.1% 25ppm
- R7 768k R-EU_R0805 0.1% 25ppm
- R8 86k6 R-EU_R0805 0.1% 25ppm
- R9 10k R-EU_R1206 1% 100ppm
- R10 1M R-EU_R1206 1% 100ppm