- DC to 1 GHz Operation
- -30° to +70°C Temperature Range
- Unique Power-Down Feature
- CMOS Compatible Output
Quick Reference Data
- Supply Voltage 5.0V ± 0.25V
- Supply Current 30mA typical
- Storage temperature range: -55°C to +150°C
The SP8703 is a divide by 128/129 programmable divider with a maximum specified operating frequency of 1GHz.
The signal (clock) inputs are biased internally and require to be capacitor coupled.
The output stage is CMOS compatible only, the 0 to 1 output edge giving maximum loop delay.
A unique 'power-down' feature is included to minimise power consumption.
- The inputs are biased internally and coupled to a signal source with suitable capacitors.
- If no signal is present the devices will self-oscillate. If this is undesirable it may be prevented by connecting a 15k resistor from one input to pin 4 (ground). This will reduce the sensitivity.
- The circuits will operate down to DC but slew rate must be better than 100V/µs.
- The output stage is of an unusual design and is intended to interface with CMOS. External pull-up resistors or circuits must not be used.