- ECL Compatible Outputs
- ECL Compatible Control Inputs
- AC Coupled Inputs (Internal Bias)
Quick Reference Data
- Supply Voltage: -5.2V
- Power Consumption: 240mW
- Storage temperature range: -55°C to +150°C
The SP8740 and SP8741 are ECL counters with ECL 10K compatible output. The SP8740/SP8741 divide by 5 and 6 respectively when either control input is in the high state and by 6 and 7 respectively when both inputs are in the low state (or open circuit). An AC coupled input of 600mV is required.
- The clock input is biased internally and is coupled to the signal source with a suitable capacitor. The input signal path is completed by an input reference decoupling capacitor which is connected to earth.
- With no signal present, the device self-oscillate. If this is undesirable, it may be prevented by connecting a 15k resistor from the input to Vee (i.e. Pin 1 to Pin 12). This reduces the input sensitivity by approximately 100mV.
- The circuit operates down to DC, but slew rate must be better than 100V/us.
- The Q outputs are compatible with ECL II but can be interfaced to ECL 10K. There is an internal circuit equivalent to a load of 2k pulldown resistor at load output.
- The PE inputs are ECL III/10K compatible and include a 4.3k internal pulldown resistor. Unused inputs can, therefore, be left open circuit.
- The input impedance of the SP8740/1 varies as a function of frequency.The SP8740 is not suitable for use in a fixed divide by 6 mode.